SEVERANCE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AMBASSADORS
WHAT IS A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR?
Ambassadors perform a wide variety of duties in the Chamber, but their main function is to help promote the Chamber, welcome new Members to the Chamber, and make Chamber events successful and enjoyable for everyone. They are a special group of people who volunteer their time to help promote the Severance Chamber and business community and support Chamber functions.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHAMBER AMBASSADOR
• Has a lively, engaging, and proactive personality
• Can make the shyest person feel comfortable and welcome
• Projects a positive image for their company and/or the Chamber
• Enjoys having fun in a professional environment
• Has confidence to make personal contact with any Chamber member
• Encourages others to become Chamber members
• Volunteers approximately 3 – 4 hours a month or as needed as an Ambassador
THE AMBASSADOR COMMITMENT
• Participate in the fourth Thursday of the month Zoom meeting
• Attend Chamber ribbon cuttings, grand openings, programs, and other events
• Assist with member retention
• Greet new Chamber members and introduce them to other members at Chamber events.
• Knowledge of the Chamber, its staff, committees, and benefits
• Acting as a contact for new and existing members to help them in how to best utilize their Membership
• Encourage members to attend Chamber events, programs, and get involved
BENEFITS FOR EVERYONE!
• Name and photo on the Ambassador page on the Chamber’s Website
• Meet local business and community leaders
• Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
• Chance to help the community and show community pride
• Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members